You are hereThe Advanced Drupal Course
The Advanced Drupal Course
The Full List of topics that are covered in the Advanced Series:
1. Installing Drupal on your Local computer - Using LOCALHOST
(Option 2 to Lesson 1)
Extra Video: included the One-Click Drupal Site Install - Learn How to Install a Drupal site in minutes, with no hassles, no web expert help needed.
You can do this! These videos are not using localhost [local computer]. You can create the site online immediately. Create one folder as the "test" site if you wish.
2. Drupal Themes - A set of 9 videos dedicated to Drupal Themes.
- Understand the configuration options, layout, options affecting your theme
- Create your own theme from scratch
- Create your own theme from any css file online!
- (included) Video showing you how to plug in some quick details and automatically generate themes!!
- Take any Photoshop file and make it a Drupal theme (you can do this yourself! see video!)
- Custom Theming - Take a Photoshop psd file created by your designer (or learn about free web designs available online) and convert it into a Drupal site! There are a few ways to do it. I will show you how I do it, as well as expose you to other quick methods used today.
** I used Dreamweaver to make edits to files, although, I've also mentioned free HTML editors available online that are just as great and will enable you to make file changes that require ftp uploads.
and much more! Enjoy these videos.
You may view this set of videos last as it contains hours of valuable content regarding themes.
3. Adding a Word Style Editor - Once your site is created, you would need to add new content, change it etc. This allows you to bold, italicize, underline text, do basic text formatting, change the fonts etc. Just like you would in a visual text editor. This will also allow your to to browse and upload images to your own site. It used to be a pain to add this module, but this video will show you the easiest way to do it.
You can also place Flash content!
4. Use Drupal to Create a Blog - Search Engines Love Blogs! You can set up a blog in minutes with no hassles. Use it to test out new ideas for your site, create content that your site visitors will love and share content easily.
5. Create a Forum - This video makes it simple to create a forum for your site. A forum allows for open discussion. Watch this video to get one set up quickly and easily.
6. Create a Poll - Polls are a great way to collect data from site visitors.
You can add unlimited number of options, and polls and this video makes it easy to do.
7. CCK - Drupal comes with very basic fields like Title and Body. Use this module to add more field types to your site!
8. Views - (Part A and B) This is a complex topic. Use this course to learn how to set one up so you can present content effectively and in the way you choose.
9. RSS Feeds - Add news from any site that has syndicated content and place it on your site!
10. Bonus Extra Video - Use these free add-ons to make theming easy! (Watch this video before you watch Video 2 sub-set of videos)
11. Ubercart Basics - Understand Ubercart and use this video to learn how to sell digital content (ebooks, or any files) on your site. Use Paypal to accept Payments. People that visit your site do not have to have a Paypal account in order to pay you, since PayPal accepts credit cards as well.
12. Sell Digital Downloads - Extra bonus video included just in case Video 11 is too difficult. This is an easy option that does not use modules, but worth checking out.
13. Create a Membership Subscription site that accepts PayPal. Just 3 modules! Quick and easy set up.
14. jQuery and Drupal - Add jQuery to your site - jQuery allows you to do fancy effects to your website. Like add a tabbed panel, or an accordian style menu. Examples can be found on the jQuery website. However adding this to Drupal is time consuming. Learn the easiest way to do it.
15. Learn to Add A Social Networking Toolbar - You can quickly add facebook, twitter, linkedin and other social networking buttons to your site!